Entrance Fees & Costs
Planning to do a safari in Akagera below is what you need to know about Akagera Fees and Prices. Akagera national park entrance fees into Akagera are charged per day per individual and these include:
Akagera Park entry fees.
Adults 13 and Above Years
For foreign international visitors: USD $40 per person
For Rwanda / EA residents: USD $30 per person
For Rwanda/ EA nationals: USD $6 per person
Children 6 to 12 Years
For foreign international visitors: USD $20 per person
For Rwanda / EA residents: USD $15 per person
For Rwanda/ EA nationals: USD $4 per person
Please note that the fee is on a per person per day basis, however if you are staying in akagera for more than 3 days, you will only park entrance fees for 3 days and the rest of the days will be free of charge.
Vehicle Entrance fees
Rwanda/ EA registered Minibus /Motor Vehicles are charged: 7,500 RWF per motor vehicle.
Rwanda/ EA registered Ominibus / Bus are charged: 15,000 Rwf per motor vehicle.
Foreign registered Minibus /Motor Vehicles are charged: USD $40 per motor vehicle.
Foreign registered Ominibus /Bus Vehicles are charged: USD $100 per motor vehicle.
There are a number of activities that you can take part in while in Akagera and some of them include.
- Game drives this is operated by AMC and they can organise a half day game drive or Full day game drives.
- Night Game Drives run for 2 and half hours starting at 5 or 5:30 pm and ending at 8 or 8:30 pm
- Boat rides, there are two options of boats that are organized a Morning or day boat trip or a sunset boat trip.
- A behind-the-scenes-tour: Are you interested in learning what goes on in trying to conserve Akagera?, this is the best option on your visit.
- Community cultural experiences. This trip takes you to the nearby communities to learn about the cultures and norms.
- Walk the Line ( a 7 Km walk along the fence of the park )
For prices and costs of these activities contact akagera park on the email below for updated rates.
Guides both freelance and park guides for self-drive game drives charge a fee for half day safari game drives and full day game drives. It is always advised to get a guide while on game because they always have an idea where animals are.
There is also an information Center from which you can obtain help and guidance about the various park activities, and also be advised on the best route to use as you explore the park. However we advise all visitors on a Rwanda Safari in Akagera national park to spend the entire day in the park for the best rewards and wildlife safari experience .
For More information about park activities and also park entrance fees or reservations, please contact the Office : +250 (0) 782 166 015 Reception : +250 (0) 786 182 871 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org